Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Freezer cooking

Tonight the big project was cleaning out the freezer! I wanted to get an idea of what I had & make room for a few freezer meals I am hoping to make before baby.

So I pulled everything out, and realized how much was freezer burned and gross :( I clearly need a plan!

What's a girl to do? I'm not sure but I started with planning three meals out of what is in there now! This week we will be having French onion soup, butternut squash soup, and pulled pork. The best part is that we already have the food so I can save some money! My plan is to take that money and stock up on some sale items that we can use often, like ground beef and shredded cheese.

I guess I need to keep some kind of inventory but that seems like a lot of effort and I'm not sure I'm that organized!

That's about all here!

No comments: