Monday, September 27, 2010

Delectable= Yummy

First things first. I really wanted to name this "Our Yummy Life" but it was taken. So instead, I googled/binged synonyms, and ended up with "delectable."

At first I said, "pretentious, much?" I mean really. I eat a lot of foodie-approved fare, but I also eat my fair share of Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches.

But then I looked up the definition of delectable. Here it is:

1. Highly pleasing, delightful
2. Extremely pleasing to the sense of taste; same as luscious.


Huh.

Not a bad name for what I want this blog to be about: the experiences we (my husband and I) have with food, life, and where they intertwine.

I'm not a food critic, or even really a "foodie" in the way I think of it. We don't eat in fancy restaurants (usually,) and we like traditional food that we can make ourselves, when possible. We both love nothing better than a few friends at our patio table, with some candles, wine, and some family style dishes full of yummy (delectable) food.

So by way of introduction, hi! My name is AM, and my husband is Eric. We both love food. We love to talk about food, learn about it, and sometimes, even eat it.

Hopefully we'll have some interesting things (interesting to anyone but us, that is) to post here- Eric's recipes (I'm the eater- he's the cook,) great food finds, and whatever else we feel like.

No comments: